I thought this would be a quick easy thing to share as it is something that I run across that needs to be done occasionally. I would bet that people are searching all the time on how to create a jump page or what is a jump page. It basically is simple HTML that you can add in your page that will give you a great way to allow people to move swiftly inside your page….especially if it is an extremely long page with a lot of content.
Jump Page How To:
- Create a basic link pointing to another section on the page using the A HREF (HTML).
- Give the “point” on the page a definitive “name”. Click Here Example
<A HREF=”#keywordcode”>Jump Page HTML</A>
Here's how you denote where the jump will scroll the page:
Additional Example: Jump Page In Action
What is Happening Using A Jump on Your Page
- The A HREF is very simply just like creating a HTML link except you don't spell out the link. Just put the keyword code <A HREF=”#keywordcode”>Jump Page HTML</A>
- You need to use the # sign so that it tells the browser to look inside the page you're on and not outside of the page.
- You name your Keywordcode anything you want. Best tip of advice is to keep it short. .
- Do not use a # sign within the <A NAME=”keywordcode”>. You just need to use it once to where the initial click action will occur.
- Once a link is clicked it will appear in the browser URL. Ex: http://www.domain.com/page/#keywordcode
Jumping from another page
So let's say you're on Page A and you want someone to go to a specific part of Page B. That link would look like http://www.domain.com/PageB/#gohere. When that link is clicked on Page A then they will be taken to that specific part of Page B as long as you have defined your KeywordCode on that page.
Dynamic, high-energy executive with history of performance-oriented leadership to e-commerce sales and marketing within the online marketing and advertising industry. MichaelStults.com is where I share my thoughts on different marketing methods, wordpress, leadership, and various topics that I feel inspired to write about. Please take time to learn more about Rare Disease at www.BriParDun.com